Welcome to the Day of Caring Agency Page
Here you will find all of the information you need to participate in
Day of Caring 2020
AGENCY REGISTRATION (REQUIRED) for Day of Caring and the NEW Kick Off Parade: CLICK HERE
Email template to communicate with volunteers: CLICK HERE
Latest Email Communication: CLICK HERE
Volunteer Peninsula Agency User Guide: CLICK HERE
Start posting your projects on Volunteer Peninsula: CLICK HERE
Waivers: All Agencies and Volunteers must complete a waiver to participate in Day of Caring 2020
Agency Safety and Health Waiver- CLICK HERE
Volunteer Safety, Health, and Photo Release Waiver- CLICK HERE
United Way Day of Caring and Campaign Kick Off:
NEW This Year: JOIN US the morning of Friday, September 18th, for our first ever, service area wide, Day of Caring and United Way Campaign Kick Off! United Way is inviting all Peninsula Nonprofits to set up along the parade route to hold up signs and represent your nonprofit as you cheer on drive-thru participants. Participants driving thru will include Day of Caring volunteers, campaign volunteers, donors, corporate partners, and community leaders.
- Nonprofits that partner with United Way and participate in Day of Caring are invited to line the parade route to represent their organization and cheer on cars as they drive-thru.
- Nonprofits can provide marketing materials for for up to 500 participants to be distributed to drive-thru participants. A table will be outside of the United Way of the Virginia Peninsula office from August 17-24 for material drop off.
- All Day of Caring volunteers, campaign volunteers, community leaders, and corporate partners are invited to participate by driving through the parade route.
- The first 500 participants (people not cars) will receive a participation packet with information on participating nonprofits, coupons, and giveaways.
- We hope that volunteers that are unable to participate in Day of Caring this year will still join us for the kick off celebration. This is about coming safely together and celebrating our community! We'd love to see you!
July 1- July 27: Agencies will submit projects for Day of Caring
August 24: Drive-Thru Parade Participation Agency deadline to provide marketing materials for first 500 participants.
July 31- August 31: Volunteers sign up for projects
September 18: Day starts with the Day of Caring and United Way Campaign Kick Off Drive-Thru Parade
Followed by participants volunteering at local project sites.
Kickoff Parade Details:
United Way of the Virginia Peninsula is excited to host our first combined service area wide Day of Caring and Campaign Kick Off. United Way invites YOU to our drive thru parade to celebrate the individuals and organizations giving back to improve our community. All non-profits participating in Day of Caring and United Way Partner Agencies are invited to set up along the parade route to cheer on drive-thru participants.
Date: Friday, September 18, 2020
Location: Waters Edge Church in Yorktown
Address: 6830 George Washington Memorial Hwy, Yorktown, VA 23692
Agency Set Up- before 7:30 am
Agencies must RSVP to participate- CLICK HERE
Participants will drive through between 8 and 9 am.
Agencies will receive an assigned area prior to September 18th and we will help you when you arrive.
We encourage each organization to have 2-3 representatives of your agency to participate. Your assigned area will be large enough to park a vehicle that you may choose to decorate or hang a banner from to promote your agency. Bring signs, wear your agency shirts, and get ready to dance to the DJ and have fun!
The first 500 Drive-Thru participants (people not cars) will receive a FREE giveaway bag full of participating nonprofit information, local coupons, and giveaways.
Helpful 'How To' Videos:
Share your Day of Caring Event pictures with us:
Email them to DayofCaring@uwvp.org
Thank you to our 2020 Supporters!
When you are conducting business in our community, please consider working with these businesses that help support local events, activities, and nonprofits. We appreciate them so much and couldn't do this without them!
THANK YOU to the following businesses that have been loyal supporter of this event.
Aramark • Aromas • Baker’s Crust • Carrot Tree Kitchens • Embassy Suites • Five Forks Cafe • Fresh Market
Golden Corral • Handy Ice & Hometown Bottled Water • Harris Teeter • Krispy Kreme • McDonald's- J. Clyde Morris Blvd.
McDonald’s of Lightfoot • New York Deli • Peninsula Smallcakes • PepsiCo • Riverside • Rocco’s Smokehouse Grill
Sentara • Trader Joe's- Newport News and Williamsburg • Whole Foods • Williamsburg Golf Course
Special thanks to the following for donating materials to past projects
Capitol Landing Mulch