EMERGING LEADERS SOCIETY
A partnership between United Way of the Virginia Peninsula and the Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce.
WHO WE ARE
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU? SUCCESS THROUGH SERVICE!
Donors enjoy exclusive opportunities throughout the year, including:
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT seminars where you can learn how to grow your skills.
- NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES with community-minded young professionals from an array of industries.
- ACCESS TO SENIOR LEADERSHIP of the regions top companies, organizations, and nonprofits.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES that expose individuals to the most pressing needs in our community.
- INVITATIONS to signature events.
- MEMBERSHIP to the Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce and United Way of the Virginia Peninsula
How to Join
SAVE THE DATE - FRIDAY, APRIL 22, ELS volunteers will be leading an earth day volunteer activity. Details TBD.
Recent Events and Activities:
February 17, 2022: Board Preparedness Luncheon - ELS members and guests received the opportunity to hear from some of our community's most influential leaders who have dedicated years of volunteer service to the nonprofit community. This was a wonderful opportunity for young leaders to gain a deeper understanding of the needs and gaps in resources, and learn how to volunteer time and talents to advance a nonprofit organization's mission.
December 2, 2021 : 2021 Angel Tree Drive - ELS adopted over 300 Salvation Army angels in 2021, in spite of the continued challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. Tradition Brewing Company hosted a minimal touch drive-thru & drop off event, and volunteers helped load the Salvation Army trucks with the generous gifts donated by ELS members and their peers.
October 1, 2021 : Friday Night Lights Fitness Fundraiser at 757 ROC
Interested in Serving on the ELS Steering Committee?
contact United Way of the Virginia Peninsula at: firstname.lastname@example.org