Volunteers for the Over the Edge Event on Saturday, May 5, 2018.
Please read the volunteer positions below then fill out the webform to sign up for a specific volutneer position.
- Use the master schedule to determine which participants will be arriving for which registration time. Ensure they are at the correct registration time and check them off as they register.
- Have them complete a participant waiver and bring it with them to staging
- Provide them with a wrist band
- Provide each participant with a name tag that is clearly visible
- Collect all droppable items from participants including phones, keys, coins, etc.
- For the first 1.5-2 hours, send participants to Staging as they arrive
- After about 2 hours, have participants come together in groups of 2-6
- Radio staging to see if they are ready for next group
- People will come late (and early), but do your best to keep them in their designated groups.
- The goal is to move participants through the process efficiently and quickly
- Ask each participant to double-check their pockets and provide a safe place for these valuables to be stored until after the event.
- Manage GoPro use & charging
- Duties as assigned on-site by Over The Edge Staging Manager
- Assigned to lead participant groups through different stages of the event
- Registration to staging; brings groups of 2-6 to the staging area, returns to registration to wait for next group.
- Staging to Training (roof); brings groups of 2-6 to the roof, returns to staging to wait for next group
- ALL MEDIA PERSONNEL MUST HAVE A DESIGNATED NON-PROFIT VOLUNTEER WITH THEM AT ALL TIMES
Landing Zone- Gear Runners
- Meet rappelers at ground exclusion zone to escort them back to Staging to remove gear;
- OR meet rappelers at ground exclusion zone to take off their gear, and run the gear back to the staging room
Roof Top Security at Enterance
- High level volunteer to be stationed at the last access point to the roof to ensure that only waiver volunteers and participants can access the roof.
- It is very important for this person be assertive and confident in stopping anyone trying to gain access to the roof that should not be there.
Roof Top Radio
- Volunteer stationed on the roof to let announcer know who is rappelling, when they go over and what rope they are on
- Organize participants away from the edge and ensure there is an order to who is next in line
- Communicate with the Announcer/MC who is going over and who is next
- OTE Techs will not be able to radio down to the announcer
Landing Zone Announcer
- It is your job is to let spectators know who is rappelling and on what rope
- Have one person monitor the radio and communicate with the Roof Top Radio Volunteer on who is going over and who is “on deck”
- Announce who is currently rappelling and who will be rappelling next.
- Add info about the nonprofit, person rappelling or how to participate next year from the nonprofit provided fact sheet.
- If available, will assist other staff
Rope Volunteers *Works Friday & Saturday for Media Day and Event Day
thank you to our sponsors
Have questions? Contact us and one of our team members will get back to you soon.
Call us: 757-873-9328
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org